Hello Dali





Salvador Dali has always been one of my most favorite and admired artists of all time. Not to mention the fact that he was good pals with my all-time favorite designer Coco Chanel makes him that much more alluring in my opinion. He was quite a looker too, I might add - well, before he got all crazy with his mustache and started to wear really funky outfits. I'm speaking of the YOUNG Dali. Hubba, hubba. But, I digress. Dali's furniture designs - which can be found at Karkula are true to the spirit of his paintings, while remaining beatiful and functional. Here are a few of my favorites and I dream (a surreal dream, of course) of the lamp in the corner of my living room. I'm not sure why I've been so drawn to gold of late. Perhaps there's a connection hidden in this posting? I may have to take a trip down to Florida and visit the "Dali, Freud and Surrealism" exhibit on now thru November 8th to gain more insight into my design psyche.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure the trip to FL would be to visit the "Dali, Freud and Surrealism" exhibit and not the "Blanche, Rose, Dorothy and Sophia" house??? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gold chair. awesome. so glamorous and cool!

    ReplyDelete