Porta Romana, I love you!



 

Before you take another breath, you must first visit the site of the lighting and furniture company, Porta Romano.  On second thought, take a deep breath first as the gasp you will most undoubtedly take could be enough to make you pass out.  What I'm saying is that this company makes some of the most beautiful lamps I have seen in a long time.  Normally, I am drawn to a sleek look when searching for the right lighting, but these lovelies are just so magically rustic, yet still very modern.  A bit on the surreal side of things, they evoke just the correct amount of whimsy without being too "homemade" or quirky.  Course, the company has a sense of humor that is also quite evident.  One lamp has duck feet in gold peeking out below a grey shade.  
I particularly enjoy the chandeliers with the bevy of shades in all different heights.  GORGEOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment