Proper Puppy


My faux-fireplace, while very pretty and it definitely adds to the charm of my apartment, is a pet peeve of mine in that it is NOT a working fireplace.   However, I plan to mount a flat screen tv where the logs should be and hopefully find some fantastic screen to cover it when not in use.  I may even buy one of those silly "fire" DVD's to foster the illusion that it is a functional fireplace.  I would also like to create a mini hearth to hide away my cable box and DVD player.  Then, as you do, I would add some great figurines on either side.  I remember this fad from when I was a kid and my grandmothers neighbor had these funny and cute Staffordshire dogs flanking her fireplace.  Jonathan Adler has come out with his version of these adorable creatures and now my search has ended.  I wonder if this is what he had in mind when designing them as he makes them in right and left versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment