Window Dressing


G
orgeous!  That's what I'd like to think when I view my windows.  This is not the case and seriously, if I have to stare at my ugly wooden "came-with-the-apartment" blinds for one more month I don't know what I'll do!  I can't afford to sew up something stupendous with the lovely Sarah Morris Maharam fabric I've been coveting since I first saw it, so I've been brainstorming as to what "cheap" solution I can come up with, yet will still add a chic touch tothe room without looking too homemade (ick!).  On my usual Monday morning strolls thru fashion on Style.com I stumbled across the Dior Fall 2010 Couture collection.  Some of the skirts, well, blew MY skirt up - so to speak.  I love the way the deep ink blue of this dress bleeds into the crisp white.  What a WONDERFUL idea for curtains.  I'd do the bleeding more at the bottom of each panel, but what an impact.  Plain silk curtains and a little dye and I'm visually appeased for the duration of yet another year on my lease!  You really never know where inspiration will strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment