Stark Raving MAUDE


M

aude re-runs have become a staple in my household and the image of Maude and Walter Findlay on barstools a familiar image.  The catchy theme song has been thoroughly ingrained in the DNA of both my cats, to be sure.  Not only is the humor incredibly dry and politically (for the time) charged, I'm constantly delighted by the fashion and interiors.   I can imagine the dwelling to be the birthplace of Jonathan Adler.  The mixing of traditional furniture, wild wallpaper prints and shag rugs somehow all works.  Or perhaps that's my twisted mind at work.  Do the actors even notice given the complexities of their outfits?  In the end, I don't care and draw a lot of inspiration from the eclectic set design and color combos that never cease to astonish.  Here's my interpretation of a modern spin on this unique design point of view.  

As all the family "discussions" (mostly arguments) centered around the bar in the living room, I take my first journey into 70's decor with this lovely Chinoiserie bar from Penny Long Antiques via 1stdibs.com   A dark shag rug from Marc Phillips underneath gives the area the quintessential disco vibe upon which two "wonton" inspired bar stools showcased on the CSN site Allbarstools rest. As a backdrop, some vintage wallpaper courtesy of 5dm.  The drink of choice for the Findlay's were Martinis, but they drank them in small glasses.  Moser makes some very retro looking, high-society gems in a lovely rose color.  Add liquor and EVERYTHING will look rosey!





No comments:

Post a Comment