Finding Nemo



A


nimated films are a guilty (and to some, annoying) pleasure of mine. In truth, I watch one almost every night. Pixar, in my opinion, produce the best of this genre.  This posting really has little to do with animation except that one of my favorite animated features, Finding Nemo, shares a name with a chair design by Italian company Driade. There is a bit of a nod to Jaume Plensa me thinks and I hesitate to mention that there is a similarity to a mime face (as even displayed in their own advertising! ICK). Despite the latter, I still really love them.  Too large perhaps for a desk chair, I'm envisioning it as a modern, funky and surreal solution to a traditional Wingback chair. The 2011 Nemo version is in a deep blue color that invites me to dream of owning a indoor pool. You know, Hermes towels swept over the back mimicking an 80's side swept bang. Oh how different the Hearst Castle pools would have been decorated and adorned had I been in charge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment