Tuft Love

 



P

lease don't ask me to explain my various and sundry obsessions. For, some of them have just been an evolution of my taste level and make no real sense. And, the more I am introduced to quality designs, the higher that bar is raised. Case in point - tufting. I adore it. I want it. I covet it. I want to lie naked on it so as to leave a pattern of tufting all over my body. Yes, I realize this is crazy and someday I will end up in a padded (and hopefully tufted) cell. And yet, it's not so absurd to have such feelings I think. Especially when this technique is applied with a level of perfection as is in this sofa by Italian designers Alessandro Castello and Maria Antonietta Lagravinese of Castello Lagravinese Studio. Many of their designs marry the art of tailoring with the sensuality of draping. I love how modern and crisp these looks can achieve and yet feel so causal and comfortable. Adding in some architectural elements like nail-heads lend a more masculine touch to another of their designs I love. I'm also completely bonkers for the birdcage-like low slipper chair - in gilded gold no less. I will happily succumb to the men in the white coats as long as I know these pieces will be waiting for me once I get to the asylum. Hopefully, that nasty Nurse Ratched will have retired.

1 comment:

  1. Please, oh please, tell me that sofa is white leather. J'adore

    ReplyDelete