Outside and Proud


 
 

 
B


ehold, the Lanai! A fancy and tropical-like way of saying porch. It also happens to be the location of some of the most hilarious scenes from the Golden Girls. I always hated the terra cotta flooring, but saw great potential for the wrought iron patio furniture - altho' not horrific in their original incarnations during the run of the show (I prefer the button tufted version.) Recently, I came across some lounge chairs quite similar to the ones from the GGs, but opted not to pay the $400 seeing as how I'd have to strip off years of rust and totally refurbish them - giving me little time to devote to several yet-to-be-finished projects. Instead, I restrict myself to fantasies of owning NEW versions of these classic pieces. McKinnon and Harris, a company based in Richmond, VA are serving up outdoor chic in ways that could make a city-boy like me want to spend as much time in the backyard as possible. Mostly made from iron, these delightful additions to the outdoor experience evoke classic detailing and still feel totally modern to me. The Benedict Arm Chair is Preppy meets Goth at its finest!!! I'm recently a sucker for prints and could imagine cushions in a baroque Thomas Paul for Duralee fabric. And the color turquoise against a garden of green grass makes me happier than a Golden Girl marathon. Not that I need a marathon. I own all episodes on DVD and play them on repeat 24/7. 

No comments:

Post a Comment