It's Showtime Folks!


A


re you cock generous? Then you would identify with the character of Joe Gideon in Bob Fosse's masterpiece, All That Jazz. I had the pleasure of finally seeing this film on the big screen last night as part of IFC's Queer/Art/Film Summer 2011 line-up. I admit some of the musical numbers were not my cup of tea and the constant smoking made me want to light up every 5 minutes alongside Joe, but I was totally enthralled with the set design and interior shots. It was so New York, so late 70's, so stylized and so ME! Now, I don't endorse anyone walking around dressed like a Judith Leiber bag (enough sequins!) but I'm now determined for my next apartment to be a loft. I was loving the juxtaposition of the modern furniture elements all mixed in with the industrial lighting and antique rugs. And the set design of the stage numbers with the large, bright lights were just so over the top and wonderful. I was reminded of the floor lamp that Tom Dixon designed. Like stacked disco balls. Tom is one of those designers who creates the kind of pieces that everyone needs to have in their space. I'm not generous with my cock, but I would be very generous with my Dixon.

1 comment:

  1. Love the lamp, but you didn't mention the 'Oh Wow' sign - where can a fellow get one of those?

    ReplyDelete